I know its been autumn for ages, I am loving autumn right now, this morning I woke up, and realised how much so. When I woke up, my window was fogged, the tiles on my bedroom floor were freezing to the touch, and I couldn’t stay warm without a cardigan, slippers, and two blankets.
Everyone says they love autumn, but when I say it, I really mean it. Autumn is my prime-time for reading, as I have a legitimate excuse to sit inside all day, and read, at the weekends. This is my first autumn while blogging, and boy, am I loving it so far. I feel so much more productive, as I can sit and write blog after blog.
Things to love:
- I even love the word “Autumn”, it sounds so lovely.
- The colour of the trees is so beautiful and comforting.
- And there is pumpkin and cinnamon everywhere, Starbucks, Costa, and literally every cafe/ coffee shop.
- And all the baked goods you can buy, mmmnnnn.
- The warm foods that make you feel so cozy!
- SALTED CARAMEL IS BACK!
- And it’s time to get out / buy loads of new chunky-knit sweaters and jumpers.
- The feeling of sipping a hot drink in the morning, so hot the mug warms your hands.
- The prettier patterns in the warm drinks that you order!
- Wearing boots literally everywhere.
- Fluffy socks. Need I say more?
- Dogs being cute when they muck around in the leaves.
- Halloween. Pumpkins are everywhere, and so are sweets and everything sugary.
- Lighting a campfire and having s’mores! Mmnnnnnn.
- The crunch of leaves beneath your feet is so satisfying.
- Warm soups/ broths after a particularly chill day ( or just whenever you wish ;))
- Crackling fires, and the warmth you feel.
- The amazing TV shows an having cozy nights in.
- It getting darker earlier and earlier as it sets in.
- Bonfire Night, the rides,the huge fire, the sticky candy floss and all-round fun!
- Walks in the woods, with your wellies on!
- Jumping into a massive pile of leaves and throwing them everywhere.
- Watching the weather forecast and knowing that you’ll be able to wear about 5 of your new items of clothing.
- Getting an extra hour of sleep. . . I cannot wait for this to happen.
What do you love about Autumn? Do you prefer another season?