It’s the second to last day of the year and I really want to spend that looking back, but also looking forwards. 2016 has been a huge year for so many people, including yours truly and I feel like reflecting on that would be a greta thing to do.
Major events in 2016:
- Starting my blog. This honestly influenced my life so much. Not so much at first, as I was a really shy blogger but from august to know it feels like my whole life has been changed—for the better—by having this blog.
- Passing my french GCSE. I took this exam two years earlier than I should have and did a two year course from September 2015, to June/July 2016. Doing this was so stressful, and at times I really wanted to stop and sit it when I was supposed to, but I ended up getting an A* on both of my test papers.
- Seeing my cousins, aunt and uncle for the first time in seven years. This was a wonderful experience as it had been so long. I was so anxious to see them, “what if we don’t get along?” running through my head A LOT, but it was such a lovely trip and we made memories that I’ll cherish for ever.
- Joining a reading group. Because of this group I have been introduced to so many amazing books that I have LOVED, and gone on to read the sequel of or the rest of the series. ,As well as that, it’s helped me make friends in the blogging community that I would hate to be without now.
- Exceeding my reading target for 2016! I only exceeded it by 5 books, but I am so happy to have read these books. It may not seem like a lot, but 30 books is something that I couldn’t have achieved last year and I can’t wait to push myself further next year and maybe aim or 40?
That’s all that I can think of without having to bob on for ages and bore you all to tears, so moving on to. . .
My Aspirations for 2017:
- Carry on blogging! I really don’t want to stop blogging, and really want to have a full year of blogging. It’s my one year milestone in January and I’m hosting a little Challenge that you are all more than welcome to participate in. You can find more details here.
- Share more things about positivity on my post and other discussions. I want to be having a lot more discussion post because I really enjoy talking to you all, sharing opinions and not just about books and book related things.
- Read 40+ books? I don’t know whether I’ll be able to do this, but I’m hoping together loads read next year, and I’m currently obtaining books and planning my reading out for the year. I really want to push myself, read some more diverse books than I perviously have.
- Just become more social.
I’m going to keep my aspirations short because of future posts, etc!
So what did you achieve this year? Let me know!