YOU KNOW WHAT THIS MEANS. . . IT’S OFFICIALLY AUTUMN.
September has passed so quickly. It feels like September has literally been the last week and THAT’S IT. WHAT’S UP WITH THAT? I think that imma have to start being more productive. I literally did nothing this month. Not even kidding. However, I feel that I read a lot more than I usually do. . . whoa would you look at that. Normally I read about 0.5 books per month, but I read like,,, more *forgets how many I actually read*
BUT GUYS. AUTUMN IS HERE. This is the only month where I do something along the lines of thriving. And I mean that loosely. Get out your scarves., your hats, basically walk around in a blanket (yes, even in public) and basically live off of hot chocolate and soups. I am feeling all the excite.
- The Devil’s Advocate ARC, by Michaela Haze. ★★★★ Really liked this book, had a great pace, LOTS OF MORALLY GREY CHARACTERS –> mmmmmmm scrummy. . . Had a really interesting world which was really well developed and the main character was really sassy. You can go ahead and read my review here if you want more detail.
- Percy Jackson and the Sea of Monsters, by Rick Riordan.★★★ Had really funny moments, but I’m not quite in love with the series yetttttt, I know, I’M HEARTLESS. . . I found it really middle grade, but I’m hoping that this will improve as the characters mature. I will be reading the next ones, but I just don’t know when. . . Look-ie here, you can read my Goodreads review!*
- The Princess Saves Herself In This One, by Amanda Lovelace.★★★★★ I read this so quickly and I loved the poetry so much, it broke my heart (and smushed it up into 75823697574650 pieces) and was actually really empowering. I recommend this to everyoneeeee. I think that everyone should be the princess that saves herself #FEMINISM. Ohhhh look, another Goodreads review!
- More Than This, by Patrick ness.★★★★ Tomasz is the most wonderful being ever, I loved him so much. Awwww Tomasz . . . I mean the book was good too. . . BUT TOMASZ. He was the cutest thing ever. BUT OH MY WORD CAN THE DRIVER JUST GO DIE!! But oh look. . . you can read my goodreads review here.
*So much self-promo. . . I’m almost ashamed.
So I’m pretty sure that these books have been ready by everyone in the universe already (apart from maybe the ones that aren’t released yet. . . ) IM JSBKGHESRBLGRBVBREG I WILL BE CRUSHED AT THIS RATE. #JkI’mAlreadyCrushed.
Marie: Wrote a really great post about anxiety over blogging and I just. . . I wish that I had written that because IT WAS THAT. FREAKING. GOOD.
Mikaela: Literally. ONE OF THE BEST THINGS. When I read this I was
genuinely smacked in the face. BOOM.
Mikaela (2): Reading this posts genuinely consisted of me screaming some version of “YAS!” and “PREACH MIKAELA!!” and a weird combo: “YACH!!” *
Ilsa: shared words of wisdom on how to love your writing. SO if you are one of these people that use words and like to do so, (i.e. my way of saying writers. . .) go check out this post and be gushed with self-writing-love.
Rhea: just hit 200 followers so like… IF YOU’RE NOT FOLLOWING HER I THINK THAT YOU SHOULD GET OUT FROM UNDER THAT ROCK. Just a
forceful suggestion. . .
( ^^ 100 views guys!! Thank you so much!!)
- I read and reviewed my first ever YA book (THE DEVILS ADVOCATE) which was super exciting! I went a little bit mad and actually wrote a whoooole review which you can go and peruse here.
- I hit 900 followers!! Which is very exciting!! THANK YOU GUYS AGAINNNNNN.
- I interviewed the Ice-Cream Queen, Ilsa. Which you can go check out here.
- I went back to school and I’m already suffocating under all this stress. #It’sChillTho.
- I read some books. . .
- I’m running out of things to add to this list. . .
- But I love lists. . .
- Ugh I’ve been defeated by the list.
(only a few because there are sooooo many books released next month!)
- Wild Beauty by Anna-Marie McLemore
- All the Crooked Saints by Maggie Stiefvater
- Turtles All the Way Down by John Green
- Ringer (Replica, #2) by Lauren Oliver
- Beasts Made of Night by Tochi Onyebuchi
- It Only Happens in the Movies by Holly Bourne
Go add to your TBRs and get crushed with meeeeeeeeeeeeee.
- The Edge of Seventeen: some trashy film that I watched with my friend when we were both feeling like slobs. DAMN SO MUCH DRAMA. Not really for me.
- Dirty Dancing: if you know me really well, you’ll know that this is my go-to film when I’m sad, and I think that I watched it about five times last week. wow what a typo I have no emotions. . . I am EMPRESS OF THE GALAXY. . . I am an emotionless ruler of all the worlds.
- Sons of Anarchy: dammnnnnnnn this is getting tense and I just want to watch this all the time because I’m constantly left on edge.
- Preacher: I’ve literally just started this program and I don’t know hoe I feel about it yet.
- Outlander: OMGRBGKUREBKSVBLJTBGBGE SEASON THREE IS HERE. JAMIEEEEEEEEE FRASERRRRRRRRRRRRRRR. WAAA *cries forever*
I mean, ppfftttttt. . . I’m just NOT going to read these books. . . I WILL READ MORE. . . actually knowing myself too well, I probably won’t. . . BUT A BOOKWORM CAN DREAM OKAY? *sniffles* it’s. . . all I have. . . okay??? DON’T CRUSH MY DREAMS OKAY.
I’m pretty sure that these books look like they could be read super quickly. . . but LIFE and hjrebjlvhregbdr;gbrkjb GEMINA is just going to tear me up. But!! That!! Is!! Okay!! Because!! I!! Am!! Tough!!
(shush I’m not IM INVINCIBLE).
What did you read this month? What do you plan to read next? What did you get up to this month? Chat with me!!