AHHHHH ANOTHER CONTEMPORARY THAT I LOVEEEEEE.
CANNOT BELIEVE I LOVED THIS BOOK SO MUCH.
I started this at midnight, and read for 4 & 1/2 hours, leaving 40 pages for the morning. And honestly, if I hadn’t left those 40 pages, I don’t think that I would have actually been able to sleep. I LOVE THIS BOOK SO MUCH I CANT EVEN WRITE HOW MUCH I LOVE IT. I haven’t read a book that has spoken to me SO clearly.
- The book was so easy to read. As I said, I read 345 pages 4 and a half hours and that just doesn’t really happen for me?? ESPECIALLY CONTEMPORARY!! I just couldn’t stop reading this. It just developed and the plot was a little slow times I think???
- Well… sometimes it had these little things happening rather than these huge events, and even in the slower parts, it was a really nice read because in the slow areas you were getting to know Eliza more, or Wallace (who is so brilliant) or background on Monstrous Sea (WHICH IS SUPER COOL).
- Eliza was literally the cutest person??? She’s a really unique person, and sometimes I thought that she was self-centered, and sort of rubbish to her family. HOWEVER, I feel like she made really great development throughout the book. THE DEVELOPMENT IS DONE SO WELL.
- As she develops, it’s really easy to attach to her. Especially because of the online life. No-one really gets it with Eliza, and no-one gets it with me, and many other bloggers, I’m sure. And that is REALLY highlighted in this book. And AHHHH that makes me so happy because Eliza starts to learn how to get her life in balance. And becomes a lot more thoughtful.
- Alsooooo… super cute friendship and slow burn??? yes??? Wallace was the most adorable thing to walk this book and his mental health was really shown in the book and symptoms of PTSD (or maybe that’s what I think it is???) and he has selective mutism and how he dealt with things were not to be shied away from and the book sent positive messages about getting help.
- He was also the most adorable/awesome person with creative writing, and just literally chilling with Eliza and being cute like that.
- ALSO AMAZING MESSAGES ABOUT INTERNET FRIENDSHIPS. Can I just die now because this book made me feel so complete. Lol @ my parents, internet friends = friends too.
- AND ALSO BEING AN INTROVERT WAS SHOWN and how sometimes people think of introverts are just classed as “hermits” and how people don’t understand the need that people have to be alone to think straight and relax.
- ERRR mini issues?? So I liked the drawings that were included into the book. . . however, I didn’t care that much for the story as I couldn’t really understand the whole story??? I got more from what Eliza told us.
- Also, NGL, the blurb sort of told us half the plot??? BUTTT there was a lot more emotional side that was hidden away and really took me but surprise.
so YEAH I could talk about this book forever. . .