Welcome to my
October November wrap-up!
What a month!! COULD THE YEAR SLOW DOWN??? I feel like November and October feel like ONE month because it’s all gone so fast and I cannot even keep up with time anymore. I’m like Macbeth at the end of ‘Macbeth’ –> i.e mad!! Can the year slow down please??? I LITERALLY CANNOT KEEP UP!!
I feel like this month overall has been a really bad blogging month / reading month for me (or mainly towards the end of the month) as I’ve been rushing my posts a bit, dunno if you guys could tell(????) but yeah STRESS. Not Fun™.
I literally feel like I have to be wiring 5355736 words every second and my hands cannot keep top with my brain anymore and I just need to be The Flash so that I can get everything done faster and be on track. WHY ISN’T BEING THE FLASH A THING. It would be so useful!!!
^^^ literally so many references right there. . . okay. . . like. . . 2.
- The pursuit of Zillow Stone. (review here) –> loved it!!
- Blue Lily, Lily Blue. ([GR]review here) –> loved it!!
- Letters To The lost. ([GR]review here) –> really good!!
- It only happens in the movies. (review here) –> liked it!!
Blue Lily, Lily Blue: I absolutely loved this book, and I dont think that it could have been better. I just wanted more more more MOREEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!! I JUST WANT EVERYONE TO BE HAPPY. You can check out my goodreads review here. THIS BOOK. SO MUCH SHIPPING AND I CAN’T WAIT FOR MY ARMADA TO STEP FORTH. Honestly. So hyped for the next book.
The Raven King: Saying that^^^^. . . I haven’t read this yet, I’m only about 60 pages in because REVISION!! But I am determined to read it next month after all my (17!!) exams! And I know that really, I’m just putting this book off so much because well. . . I DON’T WANT THIS SERIES TO ENDDDD OK? Like I HAVE ALL THESE THEORIES of TERRIBLE THINGS that may or may not happen and if anyone that I love DIES then I will be distraught and you will all suffer and planets will die
Letters To The Lost: I’ve wanted to read this for so longggg and I’m so glad that I did! I couldn’t stop reading, and read it in a day!! Like LETTERS and BROKEN DOWN CARS and PHOTOGRAPHY and ALL CUTE THINGS but then REALLY SAD THINGS. LITERALLY: plot twists for days #amiright (go read the book to find out) SOMEONE SCREAM WITH ME!! I really enjoyed it, and you can check out my Goodreads review here.
It Only Happens In The Movies: I really enjoyed this book!! It was a really nice read, and again, I WAS HOOKED!! This book just put cliches in the BIN (i.e where they belong**) and I just want to high-five Holly Bourne 10000 times because YES. Like I didn’t LOVE LOVE LOVE this book, but I really enjoyed it, even though I did have a few quibbles with it!! The plot had a great pace and hbgerhjg* you can check out my review here.
*just me being really bad at all this self-promo.**where I also being for saying technical things like “put cliches in the bin”
May does the Slay thing when talking about diversity right here.
NaNoWriMo, Rant, Writing Trouble & HIATUS?? (THAT I NEVER WENT ON??)
Also, I ranted soooo much this month?? Literally, I think about once a week I ranted??? why do I do this to you guys??* Like, sorry mates, I was so ranty this month!!
Alllssooo I feel like I’ve been super bad at replying to comments and chatting, as well as checking out your posts. I’ve been trying super hard to check them out and comment but I’m literally so busy and I’m so sorry guys!! Only two more weeks until mocks are over and I have a life again!!
*because I’m evil. Shhh DON’T TELL THE OTHERS.
Views this month: 1,310
New Followers: +61
- I went karting for some out-of-school friends birthday, which was fun!!
- I started writing poetry –> and I shared some!!
- I wanted to participate in NaNoWriMo, but 1) I’m unable to write a word atm, and 2) mock exams and I DO NOT NEED MORE STRESS and wouldn’t have been able to fully commit!
- UNMOTIVATED??? WHAT IS THIS WORD????
- I read and reviewed another ARC which you can go and read my review of here.
- It was Guy Fawkes!! I mean, I don’t like the sounds of fireworks, but they are super pretty!
- I’m having a not so great time with friends at the moment, but Imma get through it and you guys have been great with advice and support and I love you guys sm thank youuuuuuuu < 3333333333
- It was my otherrrrr friends birthday anddddd she had a party and people got kinda DRUNK and it was hilarious and there was a bonfire and it was great.
- I loved writing reviews this month, like more than usual. I really enjoyed it?? (this is such a random post how do I make it less random. . . .) erm erm err I wrote a post about reviews which you can check out here! 7 ways to write a review // how I write my reviews.
I 1) talked about my writing ~properly~ for the first time on my blog??? 2) I then SHARED some of my poetry for the first time* ever and people were super nice about it this is why I love the internet 3) I didn’t start creative writing again but that’s okay!!
My posts were kind of lacking, I feel. I feel like I didn’t spend as much time as I should have on my blog, which was kind of disappointing, however I do have A LOT of mocks and mocks > blogs.
*and the last time ever because it was traumatising.
So I did a biggg, ranty post about how I. just. cannot. revise. and then loads of people literally saved my future and have me all these ideas and I loveeee you all* because you guys gave me so many techniques, and ways to get motivated and these are gonna be helping so much in the long term!! THANK YOU!!
I went from feeling “meh” to feeling “yeh!” like a week ago and thank you!
At the beginning of the month I was in a study slump, and so unmotivated and now I’m so motivated and I GOT MY STUDY BRAIN ON! My notes are looking SO aesthetic and I have a great URGE to bullet journal!
*omg guys I’ve just realise how many times I’ve said that this post
I didn’t get as much sleep as I wanted, I need to be getting more than 7 1/2 hours of sleep a night, as I’m so tired allllll the time. I also want to drink more water, as I literally SUCK at drinking enough water and!! HYDRATION!! IS!! NEEDED!! I was getting so good at actually drinking water and then BAM nope I just go back to my bad ol’ days WHERE I AM A CAMEL.
And like EXAMS currently mean that I have no free time WHAT SO EVER so that’s why this topic is like. . . nonexistent. . .
Chat with me! How was your month? What did you read? Did you participate in NaNoWriMo? How did that go? Do you have any writing tips? What happened in our month?? Let me know!!