OH MY GOSH I’M ACTUALLY DOING A TAG. GUYS. MARK THIS IN YOUR CALENDAR. THIS IS A SACRED DAY.
Since it was Christmas, I thought that this was fitting and I’d like to thank Ruby Rae for the nomination!
I’ve personally just finished all my celebrations, since mine are stretched over 3 days (24th, 25th, 26th), but to be honest, I really wasn’t feeling Christmas this year??? Which is really sad but oh wellllllll. #salty@myself.
I am Ebenezer Scrooge.
1) Anticipation: The Christmas excitement is real, what book release(s) are you most anticipating?
I’m not going to talk about books that are yet to be released since that will just make me saddddddd, so some books that I really want to get around to reading that I just haven’t yet but I’m just dying to/would love to receive for Christmas are:
- Dear Martin –> okay so THIS BOOK IS EVERYWHERE AND I LOVED THUG AND THIS HAS A SIMILAR THEME AND I NEED MORE BOOKS LIKE THUG IN MY LIFE.
- A Gentleman’s Guide to Vice and Vertue –> I WANT ALL THE FEELS NOW. I WANT THE ADVENTURE. I WANT THE HISTORICALNESS. NOW. PLEASE.
- Daughter of the Pirate King –> I JUST NEED MY SOUL TO BE DESTROYED BY THIS BOOK ASAP.
- The Sun and Her Flowers –> OMG I NEED THIS RIGHT NOW. OMG. NOW. PLEASE. SOMEONE CHUCK THIS GEM AT ME.
2) Christmas Songs & Carols: What book or author can you not help but sing its praises?
I just love them smmm.
3) Gingerbread Houses: What book or series has wonderful world building?
Even though I’m not really BLOWN AWAY by these books anymore, I think that the world building in the Throne of Glass series is BRILLIANT and so seamless. Another great example of this, is the Shadowhunter world. I find it so thoroughly done and I just want to actually live in this world.
4) A Christmas Carol: Favorite classic or one that you want to read?
MY FAVOURITE CLASSIC SHALL ALWAYS BE THE GREAT GATSBY. ALWAYS.
5) Christmas Sweets: What book would you love to receive for Christmas?
omg ILLUSTRATED HARRY POTTER. ANY BOOK. UM UM UM. BUT the anniversary edition of City of Bones literally stole my heart AND I NEED THAT EDITION OKAY.
(just a little update, since I wrote this before the 25th: guys!! I GOT THIS!!!!!)
Here’s some others that I would love to receive:
it’s not going to happen… but I CAN DREAM, ALRIGHT?
(JUST A NOTHER LITTLE UPDATE: GUYS THIS DIDN’T HAPPEN 😦 )
6) Candles in the Window: What book gives you that warm fuzzy feeling?
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. So many. I get fuzzy feelings from every book. I think that the book where I got reallll fuzzy feeling was in Blue Lily Lily Blue, because ALL THE PYNCH and all the BLUESY just kills me every. damn. time.
I READ SOME RECENTLY that were really cute, and one that really stands out is ‘Alex, Approximately’ and one of my all-time-favourites that ALWAYS gives me fuzzy feelings is THE INFERNAL DEVICES, THE MORTAL INSTRUMENTS AND THE DARK ARTIFICES.
7) Christmas Trees & Decorations: What are some of your favourite book covers?
10TH ANNIVERSARY EDITION OF CITY OF BONES. I NEED THIS. IT’S SO BEAUTIFUL!!!
Here are some others:
8) Christmas Joy: What are some of your favourite things about Christmas And/Or some of your favourite Christmas memories?
I really enjoy celebrating Christmas the French/English way. In France, presents are opened on Christmas eve, so we open one on Christmas Eve, and the rest on Christmas day to mix up the two traditions.
We also eat really late on Christmas eve, like they do in France after the midnight Mass, and we have the traditional French meal and everything.
One of my favourite things about Christmas is that we all get to spend that time together, and we get to give gifts to each other and thank each other for being there for us that year (I’m not a christian).
For this tag, I will nominate whoever wants to do it since it’s already been Christmas and well, if you want to carry on the joy if Christmas a little longer, feel free!
How do you celebrate Christmas? How was it? What books did you hope for? Did you receive any of them? What are some of your favourite covers? Let me know!