So January was like a turtle (so slow)… so obviously February had to be the hare (so damn fast, slow down).
I’m not happy about how fast the year is moving already. Can it please slow down? My diddy lil’ legs can’t keep up.
books i read:
I promise I read more than two books, unlike last month…
The Lyons orphanage: this was a copy of the book that I got from the author (thank you again!!) and I really enjoyed it!!! I loved the whole mind-reading thing and I loved that it was fast paced and!! SO DARK!!
Simon Vs. The Homo Sapien’s Agenda: So cute and adorable and yes I loved it, but I felt that it was a little over-hyped??? I just wish that more happened but the romance was so cute and BLUE was fantastic and I love them both and Simon… bless.
They Both Die At The End: I am honoured to be the 10000000th person to have my heart broken in two, then shattered some more and then ground into dust by Adam Silvera. HONESTLY, I DIDN’T EXPECT TO BE SUCH A MESS. I EXPECTED TO BE DEVASTATED. I AM JUST DECEASED (yes, I’m writing this from my grave right now).
- Spare and Found Parts: ILSA SENT ME HER GIVEAWAY BOOK WHICH IS JUST SO KIND OF HER AND LITERALLY SHOWS EVERYONE HOW SMOL AND LOVELY SHE IS. THE RED PAGES ON THE SIDES I CANNOT.
- Simon Vs. The Homo Sapien’s Agenda: I WANTED TO READ THIS FOR SO SO SO LONGGGGG. BLUE IS SO CUTE.
- The Hazel Wood: OKAY NO ONE TELL ME ANYTHING ABOUT THIS I WANT TO READ IT COMPLETELY UNKNOWINGLY.
- All the Crooked Saints: DFJGBKDJBGKJDFGJK FINALLYYYYYY. FINALLY.
- They Both Die At The End: AKAKAKAK I was so scared to read this book because 1) I’m not a huge fan of contemporary (even though that what I mostly read this month.. shush) and2) I WAS SCARED of getting my heart broken OR3) that I wouldn’t love it (I did, don’t worry!!)
- This. One. GUYS. ILSA ALSO WON AND SENT ME NEVERNIGHT: Do you know how much I’m squealing right now. I sent screamy messages to literally 1000 people I couldn’t contain myself and I freaking adore ilsa like,,. What came to my mind was “OMG SHE THOUGH OF MY FOR HER GIVEAWAY?!” And I couldn’t cope. I was in shock and sidididisie I LOvE heR
I saw The Greatest Showman and I am dead. IT WAS SO BEAUT. Blown away. I have been listening to the soundtrack for.. just on repeat I just want to watch it over and over again. I just love it. Anna had the BEST hair, there was Zac Efron with a moustache, (I didn’t hate it?????) and there was an awesome circus (no way!) and I just want to be a part of it, okay?
I had a break from school! YAY! Though I had to spend a few days of the “holiday” at school doing work. . . ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I went down to Cornwall for a few days, too, to see my dad, which was really nice! Though I spent something like 10 hours on the train in total and that was… horrendous to say the least. I WAS STANDING IN THE ISLE OF THE TRAIN FOR 2 HOURS BECAUSE THERE WEREN’T ENOUGH SEATS. I THEN HAD TO FIGHT MAY WAS OFF THE TRAIN TO FREEDOM THROUGH THE SWARM OF PEOPLE. UGH. HASSLE. <– NOT A HAPPY LU.
I made lamingtons (!!) and obviously, this is the most important thing to happen this month. For those of you who have not HAD YOUR TASTEBUDS GRACED BY A LAMINGTON, they are cake, coated in chocolate, then rolled in flakes of coconut and they are so scrummy I want to sob and hug them forever.
you can see here that I don’t actually live in a cave/the wilderness… you must all be shocked!! It’s okay to panic. This is news.
I’ve also got back into Booktube, WHICH I’VE MISSED?????, I don’t even know why I stopped watching it, tbh!!! Emmmabooks is just the sweetest too and loves Shadowhunters and fjfndkgjf sjgnskjgn*
The countdown to exams is getting closer and I need to start studying and ugdfgkdfb panic.
But, as I said before, my mental health was okay this month, and it definitely wasn’t as bad as it got last November but I’m just trying not to stress over exams etc.
But I think that the most important thing** that happened this month was that I finally finished listening to the entire Hamilton Soundtrack.
Most of this time I spent messaging MAY, i.e mango queen + hamilton advertisement service, misspelling everyone names (e.g calling “Burr” “BURN”, or just calling them “that one”… I’M A GOOD FAN OK.
I HAD TO GOOGLE THE PLOT TO KEEP UP WITH IT THO. (this website was useful)
‘Burn’ is so beautiful and sad and heartbreaking and I can’ttttttttt
ARE YOU PROUD??? IT’S TAKEN ME A YEARRRRRR.
I then lost my voice from screaming about all the books, lamingtons, Hamilton, and the GREATEST SHOWMAN like the actual AMATEUR I am. Frankly, I’m ashamed of myself.
*YES, I AM FANGIRLING OVER SOMEONE FANGIRLING. **I kid… lamingtons are better… sorry…
I hit 1200 followers?!! That’s just CRAZY!! Thank you so much, everyone ❤ ❤ ❤ It’s honestly mad… like. How? I really don’t understand this thank you!!
AJAKAKA I just can’t believe??? LIKE?? OKAY?? WHAT?? HOW??? CONFUSED??
I LOVE YOU ALL?????????
Also… sorry for being SO inactive in the later part of this month, I promise that I will explain everything soon!!
ALSO: I’m thinking of changing my blog name. I just don’t know what it is, I just don’t feel the whole “IT’S LU AGAIN” thing so yep.. that MIGHT be changing. UPDATE: ILSA IS BASICALLY SAVING MY LIFE AND REDESIGNING MY BLOG!! FREAKING LOVE HER SM.
I started my period when I was twelve, and on holiday, and boy oh boy was it horrible. My family and I were in France, semi-camping along the south coast. I woke up and had literally no idea what it was, but to be honest it wasn’t that bad. I didn’t get cramps, not for the frost few years, but now, I get REALLY bad cramps and get SO sick, and SO hormonal (I literally cry at everything adorable and everything that makes me angry) and so many people do not understand this. At school, all the girls in my year scream about periods together, and “do you have a pad?” is probably the most frequent thing that we ask each other.
SHARE THIS MOVEMENT!!!!
I wrote almost nothing this month??? I wrote some poems at the start of this month, but not a lot of WIP-ing? IDK I’m just meh about it at the moment BUT DETERMINED!!!!
^^^ loving the centre-y tips from MAY’S POST. (Yes, I’m obsessed. Deal.)^^^
around the internet:
- is it just me who JUST found out about The Last Hours trilogy by Cassandra Clare? I NEED THIS IN MY LIFE.
- And!!! OPAL by Maggie Stiefvater has been announced??? I’M SO FREAKING HAPPY????? Also… Maggie Stiefvater showed us all (on twitter) her goats and I never knew that I loved goats so much?? THEY’RE SO CUTE.
- Emma nominated me for the sunshine blogger award (thank you so much ily!!)
I shall do the tag now!! click to view!!
1. Kiss, marry, kill: The main characters of the last three fiction books you read.
Characters: Monty (a gentleman’s guide), Simon (Simon Vs.) and Justyce (Dear, Martin). I’m going to marry Justyce, I’ll kiss Simon, and I’ll kill Monty because he was ohhhh so self-absorbed in the majority of the book!!
2. Would you rather be an elegant princess/prince type character in a fairytale or a witchy badass villain?
I AM ALREADY A WITCHY BADASS VILLAIN I CAN’T CHANGE THAT.
3. You fall into a pit of acid or get bit by an exotic spider or into a verbal altercation with a wizard, and you’re given the power to pull things out of books. Which book are you reaching into first???
A DARKER SHADE OF MAGIC TO GET KELLS DAMN COAT.
4. You’re being sent to a desert island and you can only bring one book, and it has to be one you haven’t read yet. What book are you bringing?
erm. erm. erm. ONE THOUSAND PERFECT NOTES.
5. Link your favourite blog post of yours!
6. Which Hogwarts house would you most want to be in, and which do you want to be in the least?
Most: Hufflepuff! (what can I say?! the badge is cute and I want to hug it!!) Least: Slytherin. (even tho I have a pet snake… soz @my pet)
7. Would you rather have a pet unicorn or grow a mermaid’s tail when you touch water?
PET UNICORN FOR SURE.
8. The last book you gave 5 stars and the last book you gave 1 star?
I’ve never given a 1-star review, so… my five-star book was THEY BOTH DIE AT THE END.
9. Who’s a popular author you’re just…not that into?
erm. a lot? THIS IS PRESSURE I CANT COPE MOVING ON HELP.
10. Show you’re currently watching, or the last one you watched?
Grey’s Anatomy! Agent Carter! erm! ALL THE TV
11. You’re at the altar, about to say “I do” to Cornelius (or Cornelia) Wainwright III, a disgraced businessperson who is only marrying you for your chocolate factory fortune. You dramatically say “I can’t do this” – which fictional character do you confess your love to instead?
JUST ONE? *DIES* I mean.. is it not obvious? JACE FOR GOD’S SAKE.
~posts I’ve loved~
- Mikaela talks about topes in ya and oh my it’s so funny and sassy and was so fun to read!!
- Balie wrote about negative reviews and how to best approach them which is fabulous, especially for new bloggers!!
- Rhea did an awesome post conveying all the feels of hard-core Cassie Clare fans.
- Sam spoke about the need for body-positivity which SPOKE TO ME.
- Both of May’s Q&As were brilliant check. them. out/
- AND OHHH MAY’S OTHER POST ABOUT BLOGGER APPRECIATION!! CHECK THAT OUT TOO.
- Analee reads our minds and talks about blogging confessions — WE’VE ALL DONE THESE.
Go check them outtttt!! I love all of these posts so MUCHHH.
What did you read this month? Which books did you buy? What did you do this month? TELL ME ABOUT ALL THE BOOKISHNESS!!! What were some of your highlights? I HOPE YOU ALL HAD A FAB FEBRUARY!! Let me know!