Urgh, this month though. I cannot.
My brain is fried from all the chemistry today I cannot deal.
So you know last month I was happy when I read like 3 books?? GUESS WHAT YOUR GIRL WENT AND DID. GUESS. I read… like MORE and it made me really happy. I read this amazing series and I love love loveeee it and I’m so obsessed… like Smeagal(????) and that ring in Lord Of The Rings or soemthing**.
functional groups: alkenes, alkanes, alcohols, carboxylic acids
And yes… I only posted 4 times this month and I’m sorry but like… I’m not sorry about that??? I’m gone, and I’ll probably be gone for another few months (as in posting like every other week or something) because of exams and school and sleeping (Priorities™)
But I feel like I have my life a little bit more organised and I’m not as much of a Mess™ as I was before????? oKAY yEHA I still am but I’m a calmer mess???
*REALLY SHOULD STOP REFERENCING THINGS I DONT GET.
Yes, I read 8 books…
(And yes, this image is annoying me b/c the images aren’t all proportional and I. Could. Not. Fix. It.)
… and YES two were short stories, and YEAH I had some rereads but STILL. Okay, I’m happy with this??? I have a new OBSESSION: The Foxhole Court and sorry but I love it and just… let me love it okay.
Opal by Maggie Stiefvater: this. this. I really enjoyed it and omg Ronan I want more of Ronan, okay?? I think that this was a great short story and omg OPAL is a bab and I love her. I CAN NOT. I really want to read the new series like NOW. But like,,, that’s not a new feeling aha. I bow down to you Maggie Stiefvater. (GOODREADS REVIEW HERE)
- City of Bones: I forgot sm about this book.. about these characters and tbh I have mixed feelings but I still ADORE this series. I read this with RUBY and we were literally screaming over the beauty of this book… but I forgot how much I disliked Clary at the start of this series…. and YES I will eventually do a reread review for this!!
Nick and Charlie: I haven’t even read Solitaire/ WhatEverBookThisBranchesFrom, I just needed it in my life and this was adorable and made me cry and I needed it because there was no new heartstopper chapter for me to read and I needed my babs again. I adoreeee this and I just want moreeeeee!! (GOODREADS REVIEW HERE)
- The Foxhole Court Series (TFC, TRK, TKM): As you can probably guess from the rereads, I could not get enough of this series, these characters and this story. It’s dark, and the author. does. not. hold. back. which is just BRILLIANT and we get all the gory deets and I. LOVE. IT. OKAY. However, in the first two books there was some ableist talk, which I do not agree with, but I’m happy that by the first book it was gone (not that it condones the first two) and I thought that there was really good LGBTQIA+ rep (Neil (MC) is demisexual and Nicky is homosexual) as well as PTSD rep and had topics on males being raped rather than the stereotype that it’s always females as the victims, and they all had so much DEPTH and it showed that not everyone is perfect, people are dysfunctional and kinda touched on what it is to be good, and what it is to be bad. And did I mention the MAFIA? And yes I read all of these in about 3 days?? so?? yes?? (GOODREADS REVIEW HERE, HERE, AND HERE)
ARCS FROM AUTHORS:
Full Circle by Regina Timothy: I would like to thank the Author directly for contacting me about this book, what I’ve read so far has been SO emotional and I think that the rep is really amazing and I cannot wait to see what’s happening next. A bit about the book: “Eight years after the 9/11 attacks, Samia-Al-Sayyid an Iraqi immigrant is living a quiet life in New York City after she fled her home to avoid imminent death. She works hard for her cold, heartless, high-strung boss, loves her seventeen-years-old-son, and cherishes the close friendship she has formed with her best friend Susan. Nothing can go wrong, or so she thinks – until the estranged brother she left back in Iraqi shows up on her doorstep.” I MEAN,,, I CANNOT.
In Search Of Us by Ava Dellaira: I was kindly sent this book by Hot Key Books for review and I am so grateful, this book sounds so heart wrenching and I can’t wait to delve right in with my gabby hands and love this book. “a parallel story of a mother and daughter each at age seventeen. Marilyn’s tale recounts the summer she fell in love and set out on her own path. Angie’s story is about her search for her unknown father.” <– doesn’t that sound amazing.
I cAN’t wAiT To rEad ThEse BOoKs.
(ha. i posted about 0.75 posts…)
Click for links!!
- WHO’S STARTED BOOKSTAGRAM-ING AGAIN
- OH, THAT’S ME
- THAT. IS ME.
- I haven’t been active on there for YONKS so it was strange going back??? but like?? tbh?? IDK what’s going to happen with that?
- ^^^ so there’s some of my feed for you. Find me here @ladyofthenightcourt
- Also, yeah I haven’t posted much on this site much this month, I’ve just been busy?
- Actually no, I’ve had the time to blog and I just wanted to relax instead because I wasn’t that inspired and didn’t want to force a post that I wouldn’t really be proud of.
- So, sorry but not sorry at the same time.
- And tbh don’t know when I’m gonna be “active” again because I mostly want to spend my free time reading and relaxing as much as I can before exams and more stress and yeah…
- So obviously my new obsession The Foxhole Court has taken over my life.
- And oh can’t forget how I’m now reading fanfics over and over to fill the void.
- I need more of these books in my life hinty-hint @ Nora Sakavic.
- Honestly some of the fanfics… SO FREAKING AMAZING AND LIKE THE BOOKS I CAN NOT. KGBHSGBRKGHDG.
- OMG THE SNOWWWWW. GUYS WE HAD SNOWWWWWW… For like a day, BUT STILL!!!
- Oh, let’s also mention how I’m saying with studies…
- … and I’m about to go on a two-week break… during which I will be studying…
- … oh joy…
- and let’s also mention how I only have four weeks of school before my 24 EXAMS.
- … I also had to drop R.S because they gave our year the opportunity to drop it and my mum said yes to that because originally I had 26 so dropping it meant relieving SOME of the pressure…
- … not a lot though…
- BUT YES, SCHOOL IS HIDEOUS, I CRY.
- Also who’s getting on top of revision after a day of complete stress? Meeeeee.
- What during incomplete combustion of an alcohol??? YOU FORM A CARBOXYLIC ACID THAT’S WHAT.
- So yeah, literally nothing else happened this month apart from sleeping.
so yeah this month was a mess!! How was your month? Any good books?? REC MEEEEEEEEEE (even tho I’m already suffocating under my TBR!!)!! LET ME KNOWWWW!!