I have decided to reveal my face…
oh no, wait, sorry. that’s just salt. one in the same, you know????????
“Why are you salty???” I hear you wail. Well:
- I’ve had 9/24 exams.
- I STILL have exams left.
- I’ve got a week off but I’m spending that revising for the next exams.
- I want to read books BUT I CAN NOT.
- I read a book and it was good but I don’t have as much time as I would like to scream about it.
- I have ARCs that I need to read but I wouldn’t be able to read them AND review them so i cant read them, but I feel guilty.
- My mum’s key lime pie fell on the floor a half hour ago. (future me: this was last night and I’m still not over it)
- I can’t have any more key lime pie
- that key lime pie was really good.
- I really want more key lime pie bc I’m sad.
whooooooooop my mental health just jumped out the window and I don’t even know whyyyyyy. 12/10 recommend my life rn.
11. I have no inspo for posts and hence why I stile this tag from May. You should read her post, it made me chuckle and guys. It’s MAY ok. Just read it yeah???
1. how many books are too many books in a book series?
honestly? More than 3 and i now want to run away into the sunset with a backpack full of 0 responsibilities and ties to the human world. O, NATURE MY FRIEND. I can’t commit. I find that there are filler books, and those are just BORING. I used to love them, but now I just cannot commit. #AloneForever #ChillWithThat.
2. how do you feel about cliffhangers?
give me the answer.
or go away.
3. hardback or paperback?
Hardbacks look pretty, but I’m not a millionaire, to my chagrin.
4. favourite book?
At the moment it’s GOT to be Autoboyography which May recommended to me. Oh look, reason 2749523 to follow May. This book made me feel. So much feeling. And, I’ll let you in on a secret: I don’t feel that much. I rarely cry at books, let alone laugh and cry and feel all squishy and mushy in my hawt. This book did that. It did so much of that. Do you need this book? Undoubtedly. My review is here #ShamelessSelf-Promo.
5. least favourite book?
There are a few tbh. But this is a book that I cannot let slide. This book. Made me so angry. The main character. Where was the personality? I couldn’t find it, even with a map. And I loathe that I have to be saying this, but can we stop with this I’m-a-feminist-but-oh-wait-a-boy-is-here-now-my-life-is-fine-boys-are-all-that-matter-bullshit? Please? It drives me up the wall. She was so naive, and dfjgbsleign. anger. I’ve actually never hated a book to this degree before. I couldn’t even write the review.
6. love triangles, yes or no?
As May said in her post, they’re too blegh. I always find that they either lead to a whiny main character (often female being all boys-are-all-that-matter-waaaa-my-life-is-hard) or girl hate competing over a guy like that’s all that matters. I find them tiring to read, I really do.
I’ve personally always found that they’re always todo with girl-boy relationships, so idek if maybe it was lgbtq it would be more interesting for me? But let’s be honest, it’s still a love triangle. I’ll still want to shove a fork in my eye.
Saying this, there are a few examples that I’ve liked/found amusing before, for example, the one in Simon Vs. wasn’t the main focus and was actually done okay in my opinion!! As well as that, the Love triangle in the Infernal Devices was really good and actually killed me with feelings.
7. the most recent book you just couldn’t finish?
Ilsa don’t kill me, please.
One of THREE books that I’ve never been able to finish is The Young Elites and it pains me to say it because I wanted to read it for so long but where is this plot? Actually, no. There was a plot, and then it skipped off to Neverland. It was great… at first. Then it just went dramatically
downhill off a cliff.
And extra salt at this entire situation because LOOK. PRETTY and I wanted to love this book so much because I’ve wanted to read it for years.
8. a book you’re currently reading?
HA. Reading. What is that?
I actually just finished a book and haven’t started a new one yet!!
Technically, I’m still “reading” Obsidio from agesssss ago. I kind of put it down for the exams though and it’s just been sitting there, demanding for my “attention”* ever since. It’s SO good though guys. If it weren’t for the exams, I would have read it a BILLION times already. AND THE BIT I’M AT IS SO SRGNS;OE!!
*i swear i can’t focus on anything for more than a few minutes at a time.
9. last book you recommended to someone?
Autoboyography! I recommended it to Cas (who is amazing, go follow!!). It made me, Queen StoneHeart, feel something close to 215,330 emotions. Basically a miracle people. This is no hyperbole. I had about 523 emotions per page. (guys this mathematically works out. THIS IS CRAZY. 410(ish) pages in my edition x 523 = 214,430. I know. We all didn’t want that maths lesson.)
But yes. I recommended it to Cas. Go scream at her on twitter with me to make her read it!! Go forth, minions.
10. oldest book you’ve read? (publication date)
Unwillingly, Macbeth. Technically, a play. BUT. IT COUNTS. Gosh. So painful, for me and the characters. They all got stabbed/beheaded, and I dreamed of the same fate for myself so that I wouldn’t have to finish the damn play.
And yay. I never have to read it again. *world cheers*
11. newest book you’ve read? (publication date)
errrrrrrrr. I honestly have no clue. sh*t. sekghbseukgbuesbg. bare with* 4-Minutes-Later-Me: Opal by Maggie Stiefvater!
It was published on the 1st March 2018, which isn’t really that recent but WHO CARES. It was published this year, y’all should be proud of me for this. We all know how terrible I am at reading new releases.
*someone please get the Miranda reference.
12. favourite author?
The kind that writes a book that I can love.
I cAN’t PiCk Ok?
Some that I love:
- Maggie Stiefvater.
- Cassandra Clare.
- V. E. Schwab.
- Becky Albertalli.
- Christina Lauren.
- Alice Oseman.
13. buying books or borrowing books?
I’d love to buy all the books ever but I am not a millionaire* so. Tbh I end up reading less because I HAVE to buy the books I want to read because 1) my library is SO unreliable + far away 2) it doesn’t have 1/2 the books I want to read anyways 3) in my friend group, I am the one that reads, so no one else can lend me the books!
14. a book you dislike that everyone else seems to love?
- A Monster Calls.
- The Young Elites.
- Me Before You.
- The Hobbit.
~ let’s stop there before the world hates me ~
15. bookmarks or dog-ears?
How can you dare accuse me of SUCH a dreadful crime?
I can’t even look at you right now. Dog-earing ruins the book!! The pages get all creased!! And then it doesn’t close right!! NOOOOOO, THIS HAUNTS MY DREAMS. STOOPPPP PLEASEEE.
16. a book you can always reread?
Right now it seems to be, you guessed it, AUTOBOYOGRAPHY!! I’ve reread it several times, and I had to stop logging it on my goodreads because I felt bad.. whoops!!
A trilogy that I’ll always be able to reread is All For The Game by Nora Sakavic. My heart was ground to nothing, much like Autoboyography.
17. can you read while hearing music?
Yes!! Like May said in her post, I cannot read in silence!! I hate it. I can’t do anything in silence unless it’s studying, or exams or something like that! I have to have some kind of background noise!!
Music = relaxing
Reading = relaxing
Music & Reading = double relaxing = happy(ish) me.
18. one POV or multiple POVs?
I like both!! I think that Dual PoVs in contemporary is my favourite because I feel like it just adds more you know???
But I don’t really mind tbh. JUST GIVE ME THE BOOKS. please?
19. do you read a book in one sitting or over multiple days?
Normally, over a couple days, maybe a week if I’m busy!
BUT. With some amazing books that are 5/5 star automatically, no doubt whatsoever, they tend to be books that I’ve read really quickly! Sometimes I can read them over an afternoon if they really grip me!!
Though, I don’t really like doing that because I only buy maybe 3 books a month?? so??? you know??
20. who do you tag?
eignelignrlgne who shall I doom?
- the universe.
- the sun?
- I’m very bad at tagging, as you can see.
- Lily @ Sprinkle of Dreams (whoops, sorry :// ahah).
- Elizabeth @ Reading Through the Night (mwahah this isn’t pay back for the other tag…. nooooo).
- Kathy @ Books and Munchies (yes, this is to get you back for tagging me 😉 )
- Michelle @ The Writing Hufflepuff (sorry to doom you this way…)
- Inside My Library Mind (you’ve only been wonderful to me, I apologise sincerely).
- + anyone that wants to pinch this tag like I did bc inspo is low.
I’m BaD AT taGS ok? ForGIve me? PlEasE.
❤ What’s been going on with everyone?? How has everyone been?? IT’S BEEN SO LONGGGG. Do you agree with any of my answers? Do you disagree? GUYS COMMUNE WITH ME IT’S BEEN TOO LONGGGG!! ❤