So the first draft got deleted. I’m sad.
I’d written so much, too. Oh well. I’ll live. I think.
Also lets ignore how late this is and the fact that I haven’t blogged in forever.
This month has been a whirlwind. It honestly has. I’m writing this early because I’m in a mood and it’s a moody mood where I feel moody. (pls… someone… get the meme reference)
You know what… here it is:
I feel like a huge bucket of salt and bitterness, which isn’t that different to my natural state if I’m honest, but this time there’s a whole lot of anger and frustration added on top. (with a side portion snark).
But anyways, yes this month is over. What a tragedy.
books i read
I read an okay amount? I would have liked to read more (who doesn’t though?). However, I did a LOT of rereads. I reread The Raven King and The Kings Men because Haayida made me. It was a great experience. I mainly just laugh at Neil’s obliviousness.
Anyways. I think that this is an okay amount??? I’m not 100% happy with it, but I’m not completely let down by it. I think that because it’s the summer I trick myself into believing that I’ll read 6 books a day or something.
- Running With Lions by Julian Winters. (m/m) ADORABLE. GAY, SWEET, FUNNY, SARCASTIC… and the ship just killed me & yes?? I??? Read??? A??? Book??? About??? Sport??? I think that it was really fast paced and I think that I would have liked it to be a little bit slower at the end just so that it didn’t feel like a rushed ending? FRIENDSHIPS TO DIE FOR. WILLIExMACExSEBASTIAN are the ULTIMATE friendship trio and also show that gay/bi people can be just friends!! There was a hate-to-love-trope that I didn’t hate too??? It was more like a friends-to-enemies(didn’t even hate each other they were just sad™)-to-love thing BUT WHATEVER IT WAS, I LIKED IT. I COULND’T PUT THIS BOOK DOWN.
- Meet Cute by A Lot Of People. (f/f, m/m, f/m) I think that it was a great idea, didn’t quite live up to the promise??? Which is really sad!!! I thought that the stories would be longer and less insta-love-y and there would be more diversity. (There was only one trans rep, and there were another few f/f or m/m relationships) I think that I would only give 5 stars to like,,, two of the stories???
- Carry On by Rainbow Rowell. (m/m) This is amazing. So painful, bless Tyrannus Basilton Grimm-Pitch’s tol heart. I think that it was pretty slow in the beginning, but the other 3/4 of the book was just,,, freaking mind-blowing. I READ THIS IN AN AFTERNOON BTW,, SO YOU KNOW I LOVED IT.
- Know Not Why by Hannah Johnson. (m/m) There were things that irked me about this book, hence the 3.5/4 out of 5 rating that it got, butttttttttt saying that, the character development was all there. it was SO THERE. I thought that the main character was a complete douche in the beginning and he turned out to be amazing by the end. I was all for the ship!! I READ THIS SO QUICKLY AND THEN I REREAD IT TWO MORE TIMES. (lol then I reread it again).
- A Gathering Of Shadows by V.E. Schwab. (m/m, f/m) *screams* pass me the next one. (took me… ten… months to read 35%… then an evening to pick it up and devour it)
I’m also v happy that all of these books were gay in some way or another.
Sooo… I bought:
- Carry On.
- Know Not Why
- Meet Cute
- Running With Lions
(all above, so DUh)
But!! I also bought… A CONJURING OF LIGHT.
Riiight… Storytime With Lu:
You have no idea what an EVENT this was. The day (i think) after finishing AGOS I went to the nearest bookstore (40 mins away!!) and went to the YA section.
AND IT WASN’T THERE.
So, naturally, I just kept on looking on the shelves as if it would materialise in front of me. It didn’t. I was heart-broken. I was crying on twitter (basically real tears, gotta admit). It was traumatic. I needed to know my Rhy bby was ok.
I ask a person (ok, my dad’s girlfriend asked because I was still in denial and let’s face it… I don’t actually talk that much irl to people that I don’t know? Surprising, I know) who works there. GUESS WHAT. IT WAS IN THE SCI-FI SECTION.
I walk there. I spot it straight* away and I walk, and bitch, move I’m gay**, and that book is mine. *insert the most ferocious grabby-hands you’ve ever seen*
There’s one copy left… and I’m getting closer…
then a dragon ate me whole… someone took it and then I murdered them so that I could have it and then I picked it up and bolted from the shop faster than I bolt from my responsibilities***.
*not too straight, I’m gay people. **someone get the meme reference, it’s great. *** VERY fast.
click on the image to read!
Also? How did one of my tweets get 280+ likes? It’s the worst tweet in existence?
Also, why was I tweeting at nearly 5am?
things i wrote (badly)
So I started a new WIP and I know,, I need to stop abandoning them and starting new ones but guys,,, I like this one. A lot. And yeah, it’s actually developing… unlike the others that just get about 2000 words and then wither away like my soul did many years ago.
It’s about sad, angry ghosts, gay boys, bad people (abusive parents), massacres and revenge. And a lake that hates the world.
(such a tiny snippet because HA I’m evil.)
Honestly, though, I’ve written the first like 12.5k+ words.
LMAO, that’s not loadsssss but it’s something, ppl. And I’m semi-proud of myself?? I mean it’s shite and the first draft, but?? oh?? well?? it’s?? something??
And I made people read it?? Or parts of it?? That was scary.
But having people’s feedback has been amazing and I’m so thankful to everyone that’s helped!! I have actually seen so much improvement to my WIP! Also If you want to read some and give feedback I’d love you forever?? I’d be sending out pages of stuff as I wrote them for idk how long but if you want to be a cp fill out this form here and let me know!!
- I WENT TO PRIDE.
- IT WAS SO GAY. I WAS HAPPY.
- I bought a flag, and it was cute and gay and colourful and I waved it a lot.
- The parade was Fab™ and I’m going next year, don’t even fight me on this.
- G L I T T E R.
- Tho I did lack glitter.
- Next year, I shall be the glitter queen, mark my words.
- I also went to Cornwall (I’m still here)
- The trains were just as bad as I remember.
- I reunited with my snake child.
- I love her, she’s adorable. Here’s the proof:
- My henna was brief, it’s gone now. The world weeps.
- I went to a lot of beaches. I think like,,, 5???
- My nose is burnt and I look like Rudolph. I’m pretty sure it’s illegal since it’s not Christmas yet.
- I also ate a lot of ice cream and have 0 regrets about that (the featured image I used is a picture that I actually took for once and shows the fabulous ice cream that I had).
- I did a lot of writing!!
- I also had a HUGE argument with my dad and my sister where they were being all White Straight Privilege™
- They were both being SO bigoted and I can’t even deal with that. bYe.
- I came out to someone!!
- But my mental health just flew out of the window, which is fabulous and sleep just jumped straight after it and yay now I’m tired all the time.
- THIS HUGE BLOGGING SLUMP IS KILLING ME AND I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT YOU WANT ME TO TALK ABOUT AND I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT TO SAY AND IT’S LIKE ALL MY INSPIRATION HAS BEEN SUCKED OUT OF ME AND I’M AS DRY AS THE SAND AND I HAVE NO IDEA WHERE THIS SIMILE IS GOING TBH AND IM JUST CONFUSED AND NOW IM NOT WRITING ANYMORE EITHER BECAUSE WRITER’S BLOCK HAS STRUCK AGAIN AND I JUST KEEP WRITING LITTLE SNIPPETS OF MY GAY SHIP LIKE THAT’LL GET A BOOK WRITTEN BUT IT WON’T NOW IM JUST RAMBLING AND IM GOING TO GO.
goals/plans for last month
- Go to pride!! (yay, done)
- Finish physical TBR!! (A Gathering of Shadows(!!!) Strange the Dreamer, an ARC, All The Crooked Saints, Nevernight +more!!) (whoops not at all)
- Go to Cornwall!! (urgh, yes)
- Relax!! (somewhat.)
goals/plans for this month
- books. all of them (physical tbr). read. them. all. (there are a lot I shouldn’t get my hopes up this high.) ACOL.
- Relax!! again!!
- try to actually read and not get in a fandom hole (too late)
is anyone else’s life a colossal mess and they have no idea what they’re doing or where to even start getting thins together? god, i hope that this isn’t relatable because urgh i feel like a puddle of mud. I hope you guys are having a great start to the month and are getting some awesome books read!!