SO I WAS ON HOLIDAY FOR A WHILE, and therefore blogging…. didn’t happen.
and i swear i just posted YESTERDAY!! but that was acc like 3000 years ago… so…. whoopsies???? again????
anyway? book freakout tag? yes please? that’s what I do here? freakout?
(EVEN THOUGH IT’S LIKE A MONTH LATE.)
FUTURE ME: i forgot about this post for a solid two months and I’m just finishing it now as I procrastinate doing work. what is my life. Blogging? Hello, who are you?
- Number of Books I’ve Read: 31
- Average Rating: 3.8
- Longest book: Lord of Shadows @ a whopping 701 pages
- Average Book Length: 221 pages
Yes!! A lot were SHORT don’t bully me for not reading long books… like I have the time anymore (sobs). But!! I acc really like short books because I find them WAY easier to read when I’m in a slumpppppppppp, okaaaayyyyyyy. *cries*
1. best book you’ve read so far this year
we know me, i can never actually answer a question. I’m not decisive, and it will lead to my downfall. We all know this, let’s not call me out.
SO, I have three for this???? I’m sure you’re surprised I could actually narrow it down to that. and yes, I’m proud of me too.
- Aristotle and Dante Discover The Secrets of The Universe: THIS BLOODY BOOK. it destroyyyyed me. slowly. painfully. and I don’t even care. i LOVE it. I cried so so so soooo much. I was like an infant who that has lost their teddy bear. IE: a complete and unconsolable wreck. do I care? absolutely not. URRGHHHH THE FEELINGS IN THIS BOOOOOK.
- Red, White, Royal Blue: This book was like a pile of wit and salt and was, therefore, absolutely perfect for me. With a salty, witty narrator with dry humour, I was gagging at this book. I was like a dog rolling in a puddle of mud. I was having the time of my life. The sarcasm in this book??? HELLO my favourite??? not to mention that it was f*ucking cute as f8ck and my jesus i want to experience the cuteness of these two disaster gays all over again.
- I Wish You All The Best (I WAITED A YEARRRRR FOR THIS BOOK YOU HAVE NO CLUE): I was not prepared. THIS BOOK. I’m levelling this book with Autoboyography. If you’ve been reading my blog for more than 3 seconds, YOU KNOW THATS A FEAT. IWYATB is a MASTERPIECE (all of these are) and my Godddddddd it was so gripping i couldn’t put it down. it’s such a POWERFUL book about being non-binary and there are not enough books out there like this one. THIS IS A TREASURE.
2. new release you haven’t read yet, but want to
GHOSTS OF THE SHADOW MARKET & THE RED SCROLLS OF MAGIC BY CASSANDRA CLARE: Yeahhhhhh, so i want to??? we all know this??? i just probably won’t?????? because????? all these books are looooong. and me???? I’m laaaazyyyyyyy. (in all seriousnessness though, I can’t keep up with cassandra clare).
THE BOY THAT STEALS HOUSES BY C.G. DREWS: i own this and i still haven’t read it. I’m just LAZY.
KING OF SCARS BY V.E. SCHWAB. — WHICH ISN’T EVEN “”NEW”” “NEW” ANYMORE. HOW DISTRESSING IS THAT.
3. most anticipated release for the second half of the year
sorry, but how could it not be? do you know how much my heart PALPITATES at the thought of this book????? NO BECAUSE, CLEARLY, I HAVEN’T BEEN SCREAMING ABOUT IT ENOUGH ON THE INTERNET.
I’m a failure, we all know this.
But this book??? THIS BOOK IS A GOD ABOUT TO BLESS THE EARTH.
(or… it better be, otherwise i will incinerate everything)
4. biggest disappointment
thing is… all the books that I rated low… i wasn’t surprised at?? I didn’t Have MEGA low expectations… so? all’s good? They didn’t really “disappoint” me? if you get what i mean?
5. biggest surprise
A Surplus of Light:
- Expected rating: 2-3.5/5 stars.
- Actual rating: 5/5 stars.
this book was so sad, and powerful and AKKK FEELINGS. By the end of the book I was so sad and CRYING and a WRECK. I stayed up so late reading this, I just couldn’t stop. Dealt with things like: abuse (and other things, I read this a while ago and if I’m being honest, I can’t remember everything)
It also had the cutest secondary character, Kevin, who stole my heart from my chest.
This book started off weird tho!! I didn’t understand one of the characters at all. But as it developed?? HELLO, LOVE, NICE TO MEET YOU. I don’t think anyone (apart from a massive homophobe, bc, yes, of course, this book is gay af…) could not believe the connection between the two characters and feel the POWER of this book.
Also??? I’m so sad because??? THIS BOOK ISN’T A REALLY POPULAR ONE AND IT SHOULD BE!!!! ALL THE REVIEWS ON GOODREADS ARE 5/5 STARS!!!!
please please pleaaase go read this book it’s great!!
6. favorite new author
Benjamin Alire Saenz?
sensing a theme? they’re from my top three?
7. book that made you cry.
hello? this is me? all of them (nearly)?
- Aristotle and Dante
- Lord of shadows
- Cinderella Boy
- Call Me By Your Name
- A Surplus of Light
- For The Win (so SAD — about cystic fibrosis)
- Red White Royal Blue
- Girl Made of Stars
tho the ULTIMATE ONES FROM THAT LIST WHERE I WAS BALLING THE ENTIRE TIME:
Ari and Dante, Call Me By Your Name, Surplus of Light, For the Win.
^ Those literally all crushed my soul. obliterated it.
8. book that made you happy
I’m gonna say Red, White, Royal Blue for this one because it made me SO HAPPY and gave me alllll the happy, fluffy, feels. I felt like I was on a cloud of happy fluffiness while reading this.
IT WAS JUST SO CUTE. AND AKKKKK.
I ship them so hard???? plus, hate to love???? I’M ALL ABOUT THAT. Plus, it was just so funny and amazinggggggg generally.
9. favourite review you’ve written
*click on pic to read review and witness the heartbreak*
My review of Aristotle and Dante is the first review that I wrote this year, and OH JESUS. It was a mess. a BIG mess. BUT IT WAS SUCH A GOOD BLURRRGHHH OF ALL MY EMOTIONS!!!
I just LOVE this book so much and oh my Jesus I can’t wait for the sequel to come out, whenever it actually does!!
10. most beautiful book you’ve bought so far this year (or received)
oh LORD, how do i choose?
They’re all so pRetTy.
actually… of all the pretty ones I can’t find one that screams ‘GORGEOUS’… so.. there’s that.
11. what books do you need to read by the end of the year?
oh boy, give me an easy question why don’t you?
literally all the books I’ve bought but haven’t read yet, + wayward son.
: boy who steals houses, emergency contact, fever king, cruel prince, what if it’s us, ace of shades, summer bird blue, vicious, vengeful, acol, nevernight, tda, strange the dreamer (which i’ve had for YEARS and haven’t read yet)…
but WAYWARD SON OMG. CANNOT WAIT. I’M SHAKINNNNNG.
and now im just freaking out because I HAVE SO MANY BOOKS TO READ AND I’VE READ NONE OF THEMMMMMM!!!! AKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
well. that post took me approx 376 years to finish. and it’s still…. the worst thing on the planet but I wanted to say HELLO IT’S BEEN SO LONG and then disappear again? so this is me, doing that?