I am so grateful to @ bookboxbykat for nominating me to be a part of the Leibster Award:) The Rules Are:
- Mention the blog that nominated you and display the award.
- Answer the 11 questions that the blog gives you.
- Give 11 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 5-11 blogs you think that are deserving of the award and have less than 200 followers.
- Let the blogs know that you have nominated them.
- Give them 11 questions to answer!
- The questions & my answers:
1. What is your favourite book and why?
My favourite book would have to be City Of Glass by Cassandra Clare. This is my favourite book as it is full of wit, sass, action, happy moments, sad moments, and is beautifully written in general.
2. Who is your favourite book character and why?
My favourite book character is probably (so far) Lea from a little something different. I think that I see her as one of my favourite characters because she’s a lot like me: a little awkward yet crazy at the same time! I know that’s a really rubbish reason for her to be my favourite character, but it’s true 😂
Urgh! There are so many to choose from!! I think that my OTP is in between Magnus & Alec and Peeta & katniss. This may seem odd, but I think that Magnus & Alec are so sassy together and that Peeta & Katniss are so romantic in the way that theyvould break the trackerjacker effect from Peeta and fell in love in the arena!
4. Have you ever tried giving a book 1 star?
Not yet! So far I’ve been really happy and impressed by the books I’ve read and enjoyed them all!
5. How important is the cover of a book for you?
Not that important really! However, as I live with my dad, I tend not to buy books that have strong romance covers. If you get what I mean 😏.
6. If you weren’t a person what would you like to be?
I would love to be a monkey! They are so cute and small (to begin with) and seem so cheeky. I think it would be so amazing to be able to have a tail and climb trees all day. A lot of my childhood memories are climbing the tall trees to the top with my sister so yeah☺️.
7. Can you listen to music while reading? If so, which song?
Yes. The majority of the time I do read and listen to music at the same time. I don’t really listen to one song in particular, I create different playlists of new and old songs and listen to those.
8. What is your favourite and least favourite colour?
Favourite: pastel green
Least Favourite: dark green
9. What is your favourite book that turned into a movie? Did you like the movie aswell?
My favourite book turned into a movie is definitely one of the Harry Potter books- The Prisoner of Askaban. I really loved the book, as it felt so Christmasy and Wintery. Also, it includes Sirius who is one of my favourite characters ever.
Yes, I did love the movie as well, as it is the fist one that I think if when I think of the Harry Potter series (movie wise).
10. Do you crack the spine of a book?
No! It’s one of my pet-hates. I hate purposely cracking the spine of a book as I like my books to look in good condition,that’s why I am also a little funny about lending books to people.
11. How long does it take you to read a 400 page book?
It really depends on the book. Sometimes it can take me a week to read a 400 page book, or sometimes a week to read a 200-300 page book. On average, I would say about a week and a half.
My 11 random facts about myself:
1. I love eating a plain slice of bread sometimes.
2. I sketch in the corner of my notepad pages all the time.
3. I keep a diary.
4. I don’t like plum tomatoes- or plums for that matter.
5. I wear glasses for reading and the like, though I have worn them for 3 months.
6. I eat apples all the time (well, not all the time).
7. I love the program Supernatual now.
8. I’ve only ever given up on two books.
9. I haven’t read all the Harry Potter Books yet.
10. I share a room with my sister at my dads house- when she comes at weekends.
11. I’m half French.
Questions for the nominees:
1. Where do you read?
2. What’s the hardest book you’ve ever read?
3. If you you had to pick three books to recommend what would they be and why?
4. What’s the longest book you’ve read?
5. Why did you start book blogging/ blogging?
6. What’s one of your reading goals for 2016?
7. What books are you excited to read or that will come out in 2016?
8. Have you ever got someone to enjoy books/ reading? Or introduced them to a book that made them more encouraged to read?
9. At what age did you start to love reading?
10. If you knew that you only had £20 pounds to spend on books in 2016, which would you buy?
11. What’s your favourite genre to read?
SO excited to see what you guys post!