Welcome to my books blog where I hardly even write about books anymore.
I WROTE MORE POETRY. BECAUSE I LIVE THAT KIND OF LIFE.
URGh guys I’m so in love with writing poetry I can’t even stop and I know that my poems aren’t, you know, “WHOA” but STILL. I love writing it.
Basically. I’m trying to change up my poetry and write about other things apart from feelings that I have. For example: storms.
I personally don’t really know about this poem??? I can’t make up my mind about whether or not I really like it?? It feels a bit too repetitive? I’m not sureeeee OKAY.
OHHHH news flash: I AM AN INDECISIVE MESS.
Whoa bet you didn’t know that. But you already knew that.
FEMINISM / STORMS.
I kind of like this one?? I want to write more about feminism, but I find it so difficult to use imagery / metaphors.
I wrote this after writing the storm-y one ^^ so like yehh I had the inspo but finding the inspo is SO DIFFICULT HELP.
Sorry, no I’m not talking about Stranger Things, but I’ve actually started that show and I really LOVE IT.
I’m so easily distracted. POEMNESS.
So this one just came out of nowhere. It’s like a big metaphor and I’m trying to play around more with extended metaphors and IDK how it worked out.
It’s totally strange and actually WEIRD.
You might like it. IDK OKAY?
Same ol’ same old!!!!
I actually had help with the second one here??? LIKE I’m getting better at talking about my poetry with people??
well clearly, since I just shared about 32756 in this post.
Obviously, I’d like to expand the topics of my poems. For example:
- Maybe more storm stuff.
- more feminism. I think that Rupi Kaur is suchhh an inspiration for this!! This was mainly the first poems that I read for pleasure sooo that might have something to do with it!! aha.
- Thoughts and stuff, but this time altering the format of the poem rather than the subject matter.
- Did I mention more feminism stuff??
- URGH I DONT KNOW.
IF YOU HAVE ANY IDEAS FOR ME TO WRITE ABOUT THAT YOU’D LIKE TO SEE, LET ME KNOW IN THE COMMENTS!!
so the WIP.
I’ve got an IDEA at the moment.
My writing slump may be over BUT IM NOT PROMISING ANYTHING otherwise I’ll JINX IT.
And if I don’t talk about it I’m never going to try and write about it properly.
So my ideas:
- So, it’s a bit futuristic, but not too far, like 10 years maybe??
- And there’s this leader,
- and everyone thinks that he’s this really great leader.
- and there are monsters that start terrorising the capital
- but they’re not really monsters since
- they terrorise the capital by possessing THE YOUNG.
- However, of course they take ages to figure out that they are being possessed by things and people are like tortured and killed and yay fun.
- And they leave them with this POWER once they leave the host / are made to leave by means that I ALSO HAVEN’T THOUGHT OF YET.
- (And the power basically allows them to see who is possessed since they all share a BONDY THING as well as a gift like advanced hearing, or speed, or able to kill with their mind — something wacky that I haven’t thought of yet. But the bond between the monsters/possessed and the changed people is weaker than the bond between 2 changed people )
- and basically, no one knows where these monsters are coming from
- BUT. the reader does.
- And a task force is made from the young people that have been possessed.
- INTRODUCE MC(s): so one is a poor girl who was homeless and was possessed, but gets saved along the way soon before the task force is made. AND the other is going to be a BOY and no, there will be no romance AS OF YET. The guy MC is going to be the Leader’s SON. And they are both possessed.
- The son of the leader basically stops the leader from killing the possessed because obviously his son cant die. And all the leaders are like “favouritism much” but then the leader is semi like “WHAT HAVE I BEEN DOING I SHOULD HAVE TRIED TO SAVE THEM”
- So there’s some development there.
- Alsoooo it’s going to alter from third to first person?? SO I was thinking that it them means that I can write from the PoV of someone who’s being possessed, the MCs, but also giving the reader (ha no one is reading this for 43678 years) information that the CHARACTERS DO NOT KNOW.
- like who started it all.
So I know that this is all kind of basic plots at the moment, but I just wanted to share it as a motivation thing for myself because otherwise I WONT DO ANYTHING AND THAT WOULD BE BAD.
What topics would you like to see me write poetry about? What topics do you write poetry about? Do you like my poetry? Do you enjoy writing? Have you ever had a writing slump before? Let me know!