News just in: MY READING HABITS HAVEN’T ALWAYS BEEN THE SAME. Since joining the bookstagram* community, and starting my blog, my reading habits have actually changed A LOT. Now, a lot of tropes that I used to like, and didn’t recognise as “tropes” I dislike, and I’ve completely changed genres and the amount I read and EVERYTHING IS DIFFERENT NOW **
*literally, this introduced me to so many faves. books are literally in your face the entire time, it’s fab **OK maybe not everything.
CONTEMPORARY, WHERE DID YOU GO?
I used to be suchhhhh an avid reader of cute contemporary novels. But
slowly once I fell into fantasy it took over my mind, body, and soul and there’s no getting them back I started to find contemporary unrealistic and stereotypical.
Most representations of High School became basic and cliche And, I often found that most novels we’re mainly filled with petty, needless drama. like,,,,, no thanks, dear.
Is this just me???? I feel like so many characters are immature, or already know how relationships work at the age of 16/17, like they’re experts???
Did I miss these classes/tutorials? Is there someplace to sign-up and become an expert on relationships? *eats cake to feel better about knowing nothing about relationships*
THE CLASSIC TROPE OF “THE LOVE TRIANGLE” OH, AND IS IT A TALE!
Ahhhhh the love triangle! I USED TO LOVE THEM
Now when I see a love triangle I want to wither in my cave and die. They are so over done! And I guarantee that one of the interests is going to be a “bad boy” that excites the MC and the other is going to be some other dude that’s just your average high-schooler. It’s just a stereotype. They’re just mainly filled with cliches / stereotypes that really rattle my cage.
WHY CAN’T WE HAVE MORE DIVERSE LOVE TRIANGLES?
I MEAN,, NOT ASKING FOR A LOT? I’m not asking for an army of 100,000,000 and 10 castles all over the world, am I? NO! I’m not asking to be EMPRESS OF THE GALAXIES
I already am.
Love triangles are just over-done.
READING ONE BOOK AT A TIME? PFFFTTT.
HA. HAHAHA. AHA. AH. HA. #nope.
I used to just be like “yasss one book at a time because I will get confused” ahhh naive foetus lu. . . SCREW BEING CONFUSED. (at this moment in time I have something in my eye. I think it’s an eyelash. there are tears from my eyes
where else, lu? the bastard won’t leave my eye. urhg there we are) *that didn’t happen*
where was I? Yeaaas 2+ books at a time!
MORE LIKE 1000.
It feels like you get more done, and at this stage in my life I’m unproductive and am achieving rien (nothing) so I NEED THIS. OKAY?
ALL OF A SUDDEN I HAD 5,657,359,325,258 BEAST BABIES.
I got into fantasy, and BAM I HAVE ALL THESE BEAST BABIES THAT I MUST PROTECT!! I give them cake and they are very happy. DO NOT ANTAGONISE THEM. They don’t like strangers.
I mean,, , now I want all books to have monsters, mythical beasts, or some kind of animal. IT’S ACTUALLY SURPRISING HOW LITTLE FANTASY HAS MYTHICAL ANIMALS / BEASTS?? Is it really just me who finds this???
ALL THE LIGHT FROM MY
LIFE READING VANISHED.
Suddenly I was just there craving more DARKNESS. More thieves, death-y-ness, murder and warrrrrrrr. I don’t quite know what happened.
I just STOPPED liking contemporaries and then
MY SOUL JUST BECAME THE INCARNATE OF DARKNESS AND THE EMPRESS OF THE GALAXIES WAS BORN Screw the Darkling, I’m here. MY SOUL IS DARKER THAN THE UNIVERSE.
- Love triangles – I used to like them (I WAS 13!), but now I find them pointless. JUST PICK ONE ALREADY.
- Cute, fluffy contemporaries, WHERE ARE THE DRAGONS AND BEASTS AND QUESTS ALREADY?
- “Chosen one” urgh. cool. just BE BETTER THEN????
- WHoooaaaa secretly has magic powers *thrown into dangerous situation and survives* . .. …. . … . .. … . . . . . . ……. RIGHT. yup. #TROPES.
- PETTY TEEN DRAMA. NO. GO. AWAY. I HAVE NO TIME.
- “Bad boy” trope go die. OVER.DONE.
- HOT GUY FALLING FOR NERDY PERSON / WHO’S NOT POPULAR. This doesn’t happen irl. people are too shallow. #UnrealisticContemporaries
- High school is really unrealistic in books. Didn’t used to bother me, it does now.
- Contemporaries in general *scares*. GIMME SOME WARRRRRRRR *casually drops in some war, battles, and street fights*
- #MONSTERSAreEverything. I MUST PROTECT MY BEAST BABIES AS EMPRESS OF THE GALAXIES AND CAKE QUEEN.
- I used to be all about romaceeeeee in books but now it doesn’t bother me if there is or isn’t.
- I’m all about thatttttt FANTASY shiiiiiiiii*
What about your reading habits? Have they changed?
<a href=”https://www.bloglovin.com/blog/18458081/?claim=gds48pyvdh9″>Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>